Fixed dentures, also known as implant-supported fixed dentures or fixed implant dentures, are a remarkable dental solution for individuals who have lost multiple teeth or require full arch replacement. Unlike traditional removable dentures, fixed dentures provide a permanent and secure solution for restoring a complete smile and oral function. In this article, we will delve into the world of fixed dentures, their types, benefits, and how they offer a stable and long-lasting tooth replacement option.
Types of Fixed Dentures
Fixed dentures come in various types, offering versatility to meet individual dental needs:
1. All-on-4 Dentures: The All-on-4 system involves the placement of four dental implants in the jawbone to support a full arch of teeth. This minimally invasive approach provides stability and eliminates the need for bone grafting in many cases.
2. All-on-6 Dentures: Similar to All-on-4, the All-on-6 system uses six dental implants for added stability and support. This option is suitable for individuals who require additional anchorage for their dentures.
3. Fixed Hybrid Dentures: Fixed hybrid dentures combine the stability of dental implants with the convenience of a fixed prosthesis. These dentures are custom-made to fit over dental implant abutments securely.
4. Fixed Full-Arch Dentures: Fixed full-arch dentures replace an entire upper or lower arch of teeth using multiple dental implants. They offer exceptional stability and function, allowing patients to enjoy their favorite foods without worry.
The Implant Process
The process of getting fixed dentures typically involves the following steps:
1. Consultation: A thorough evaluation and consultation with a dentist or oral surgeon to determine if you are a suitable candidate for fixed dentures.
2. Implant Placement: Dental implants are surgically placed in the jawbone at strategic locations. The number of implants depends on the type of fixed dentures chosen.
3. Healing Period: A healing period follows implant placement, allowing the implants to integrate with the jawbone, a process known as osseointegration.
4. Abutment Placement: Abutments, which are connectors between the implants and the denture, are attached once osseointegration is complete.
5. Denture Fabrication: A customized fixed denture is created to fit securely over the abutments, providing a natural and comfortable appearance.
6. Placement and Adjustment: The fixed denture is securely attached to the abutments, and any necessary adjustments are made to ensure a perfect fit and bite.
Benefits of Fixed Dentures
Fixed dentures offer numerous advantages:
1. Stability and Functionality: Fixed dentures are firmly anchored to dental implants, providing exceptional stability for speaking, chewing, and smiling confidently.
2. Natural Appearance: These dentures are custom-designed to resemble natural teeth, enhancing the aesthetics of the smile.
3. Durability: Fixed dentures are built to last, providing a long-term solution for tooth replacement.
4. Improved Oral Health: They promote oral health by preventing bone loss in the jaw, a common issue with tooth loss.
5. Convenience: Fixed dentures eliminate the need for adhesives or removal, simplifying daily oral care routines.
Fixed dentures in Coweta OK and other regions offer a reliable, permanent, and aesthetically pleasing solution for individuals dealing with extensive tooth loss. These innovative dental prostheses provide stability, function, and a natural appearance that enhances the overall quality of life for those in need of tooth replacement. By exploring the types, benefits, and implant process of fixed dentures, individuals can make informed decisions about their dental care and regain the confidence to smile brightly once again.